- Ecologist Special Report: Empowering women to tackle climate changeWomen are not just a ‘tool' for social and environmental justice - they are agents of real change, and have the right to be engaged in all climate negotiations. ARTHUR WYNS reports on current moves ... read more
- Virginia, D.C. Are Taking Climate Policy Into Their Own Hands
- Coal Is in a Death Spiral as India Cancels 14 Gigs and Solar Prices Plummet
- Report: Carbon Markets Contribute to Global Climate Action Efforts, But Need a BoostProponents of carbon offsets say these programs do their part to mitigate climate change risk, but the market faced a rough year in 2016. Does it have a future? ... read more
- Trump Throws Gasoline on the Climate Change FireThe Trump administration wants to sell off half of America's strategic oil reserves, which raises a bevy of economic and environmental questions. ... read more
- Trump’s 3 Percent Growth Projection: Who’s In and Who’s Left Out?Donald Trump's new budget proposal predicts a confident 3 percent boost for the economy. We take a look at some of the milestones he promised and what it means for the nation. ... read more
- Volvo Will Eventually Ditch Diesel In Favor of EVsWhile diesel gets good gas mileage, it emits NOx, a local pollutant. ... read more
- Chinese Cooked Chicken . . . Coming to a Store Near You?Cooked chicken from China may soon be a mainstay in American grocery stores. ... read more
- If Glencore wants cheap energy for Mt Isa, it should go solarGlencore says future of Mt Isa, and 2,000 jobs, is at risk due to rising energy prices. But it only has itself to blame, because it stupidly chose gas over renewables when given the option ... read more
- Half Full or Half Empty: Negativity Kills Employee EngagementWhile every employee has different needs, preferences and personality traits, widespread negativity is a recipe for disaster. ... read more
- Trump Is Slow to Fill Key Agency Positions: Could This Be A Good Thing For The Environment?The sparsity of key agency personnel cannot be blamed on Senate Democrats. But this may be good for the environment. The goings-on at the USDA may offer some insights into the future. ... read more
- Battery storage paired with wind farm in ground-breaking Spanish trialA world first hybrid renewables trial, pairing a grid-connected wind farm with lithium-ion battery storage and energy management software, has been switched on by Acciona. ... read more
- S.A. to rethink energy security target after deleting battery storageSouth Australia government has been told its energy security target legislation risks being a $3.5 billion subsidy to the gas industry that will do little if anything to address energy security, and will just reinforce ... read more
- China’s Goldwind offers free wind power training for coal minersWyoming is where the majority of American coal comes from, but its also one of the best suited states for wind energy. ... read more
- Queensland may change solar tariffs to match peak demandQueensland Competition Authority directed to investigate the potential benefits – for both networks and consumers – of introducing of time-of-use solar tariffs. ... read more
- Tillerson Present as Exxon Signed Major Deal with Saudi Arabia During Trump Visit
- Scientists warn US coral reefs are on course to disappear within decadesNew Noaa research shows that strict conservation measures in Hawaii have not spared corals from a warming ocean in one of its most prized baysSome of America’s most protected corals have been blighted by bleaching, ... read more
- A Sneak Peek at Uber’s Electric Vehicle Strategy
- Energy Jobs: Tesla, Proterra, Ford Motors, Eos, SEIA, AWEA, FERC, EV-BOX, Apollo Fusion
- Nick Xenophon reluctant to back Coalition plan for CEFC to fund carbon captureSenate crossbencher says government should instead look to emissions intensity scheme for electricity generators, while Labor says plan is a ‘stunt’The key Senate powerbroker Nick Xenophon has warned the Turnbull government he has “real reservations” ... read more
- Raw milk: a superfood or super risky?For health-conscious, organic-loving shoppers, unpasteurized milk is a growing food fad – but food safety officials warn it can be like ‘playing Russian roulette’How do you like your milk: cooked or raw? It may sound ... read more
- Endorsing the Paris Agreement is Trump’s best opportunity for a big win | Joseph Robertson
- How investors can mobilize against climate changeAs America puts high volumes of low-cost capital to work on sustainable infrastructure, people will go back to work, find their dream home and start spending again. ... read more
- Sustainable business at a crossroads, againMost companies still have yet to crack the sustainability code. Here's why. ... read more
- Cambridgeshire zookeeper killed by tiger was a ‘shining light’Rosa King now reunited with her beloved cheetahs, says wildlife photographer, as Hamerton Zoo Park remains closedA zookeeper killed by a tiger on Monday has been described as the “shining light” of the Cambridgeshire zoo ... read more
- NGOs alone will not turn the tide on ocean trashA clear-eyed optimistic strategy involving businesses, governments and individuals can create a seismic shift in the way we tackle the ocean plastic crisis ... read more
- Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal step up on deforestationThe multinational personal care companies are among new supporters of the CDP's forest supply chain initiative, which requires deeper disclosure from key suppliers. ... read more
- How trees can teach us about our own lives | Patrick Barkham
- US army veterans find peace in protecting rhinos from poachingIn northern South Africa, former soldiers are fighting both the illegal wildlife trade and the twin scourges of unemployment and PTSDThe sun has set over the scrubby savannah. The moon is full. It is time ... read more
- In the rooftop realm of straw animalsFord, Devon For some, the figures are the crowning glory of a roof – and a chance to show off a thatcher’s skill and imaginationAt the end of the roof I’m working on, the peacock ... read more
- EV Charging Convenience, Reliability, Accessibility, & Future Needs (CleanTechnica Electric Car Driver Report)It was with a great degree of curiosity that we explored EV charging experiences and needs by type of EV and region for our latest EV report. What's the story for Tesla drivers, non-Tesla fully ... read more
- Steel CEOs say EU carbon reforms threaten jobs, investmentSource: Reuters - Steelmakers in Europe have written to EU leaders urging them not to burden the industry with extra carbon emissions costs they say would make them uncompetitive against foreign rivals and raise the ... read more
- Climate change could make cities 8C hotter scientistsSource: AFP - Under a dual onslaught of global warming and localised urban heating, some of the world’s cities may be as much as 8C (14.4F) warmer by 2100, researchers have warned. ... read more
- Insomniac? Climate change could make that worseSource: Zee News - The researchers said if climate change is not addressed, warmer temperatures could cause six additional nights of insufficient sleep per 100 individuals by 2050 and approximately 14 extra nights per 100 ... read more
- King Tides are just more evidence of climate change reality for MauiSource: Maut Time - The fact that the ocean is creeping up ever further on Maui and Hawaii shores is a reality anyone here can see. ... read more
- Big business wants Trump to stick with Paris climate accordSource: CNN - The heat is on: President Trump says he will decide this week whether to stick with the landmark Paris climate accord. ... read more
- GIS NEWS: Caribbean considers new climate change approachesSource: St. Lucia News Online - Recently, Commonwealth Secretary-General Patricia Scotland welcomed high commissioners and climate change innovators to a Commonwealth-facilitated conference in London, calling on all to work together on technologies and approaches that ... read more
- Carbon cap rule in Washington state faces legal challengeSource: AP - Even as the Trump administration seeks to roll back Obama-era rules to curb greenhouse gas emissions at coal-fired power plants, Washington state is forging ahead with its own rules to cap carbon ... read more
- Urban ‘heat islands’ seen doubling city costs for climate changeSource: Reuters - Heat trapped by dark-colored roads and buildings will more than double cities' costs for tackling global warming this century by driving up energy demand to keep citizens cool and by aggravating pollution, ... read more
- Morocco capitalises on early lead in renewablesSource: Financial Times - Nation’s expertise in local solar and wind technology counts in sub-Saharan market ... read more
- Sky-high carbon tax needed to avoid climate catastrophe, say expertsSource: The Guardian - Economists, including Joseph Stiglitz and Nicholas Stern, say taxes of $100 per metric tonne could be needed by 2030 ... read more
- Emissions Trading System reformSource: Hellenic Shipping News - CEOs representing nearly the entire European steel industry today co-signed a letter addressed to the governments of all EU member states. ... read more
- Lance Roberts: This Market Is Like A Tanker Of Gasoline
- Southern California Edison Unleashes $450 Electric Car Rebate For EveryoneSouthern California Edison is offering people who drive a plug-in or electric car a one-time cash rebate of $450. What makes it different from other EV rebate programs is that it applies to second and ... read more
- Another Way Donald Pissed Off GermanyDonald Trump is suffering from oral diarrhea again. On May 25, while attending a NATO function in Brussels, the braying jackass masquerading as America's putative president told the assembled officials, "The Germans are bad, very ... read more
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...